Vince Lombardi once said, “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” Pursuing success on both a personal and professional level brings some challenges. Newcastle-based direct marketing and sales specialists, Blue Moose held a workshop recently on overcoming the urge to quit.
As individuals approach their goals, it is not uncommon for obstacles to increase in both difficulty and frequency and at times the route to success may appear too difficult and increases the likelihood of quitting. Newcastle Based Blue Moose reveal their top tips on how to keep motivated and avoid the temptation to leave too soon.
The firm took the time last week to host a free workshop on why it’s important to stay on track and keep pushing for success:
- Life is not a race – Often it’s all too easy to compare personal journeys with others. For some, aspects of the route to success will take less time than others. However, it is essential to embrace the mission and all it presents. Welcome each learning opportunity as the skills developed will prove vital in the future.
- You’re overthinking everything – Focus on the task at hand, the firm advises taking time to reflect and look for solutions in adverse situations. When confidence wavers, it’s all too easy to throw in the towel.
- You’re so close – As success draws close the obstacles often become greater, don’t quit for this may be the last obstacle to overcome.
- The problem with quitting – Regret is a terrible feeling; by continuing to the end, there is no doubt that there was nothing further that could have been done.
- Would your life be better if you quit? – The feeling of success through determination is incredibly rewarding. Those who win in the face of adversity can experience a confidence boost.
- The result is worth the pain – Start by setting goals that hold personal value or significance. The likelihood of achieving a goal that doesn’t mean anything personally is decreased dramatically, versus one where the individual value is present.
Newcastle-based Blue Moose specialises in direct marketing and face-to-face brand promotion – helping brands to secure stronger customer relationships and generate more sales. Their proactive approach to marketing offers their clients the opportunity to build stronger connections with their audience and drive higher brand engagement through in-person customer communication. Working on promotional campaigns the firm can engage with customers as individuals, taking the time to get to know them and their needs personally. This allows Blue Moose to tailor the client’s experience, which increases their customers’ brand loyalty, ROI, and overall brand awareness.